The Good Hope Poppy Festival provides a fun fall day for residents and friends from neighboring counties in downtown Good Hope, Georgia. The Poppy Festival honors the Poppy Lady, Moina Michael, born in Good Hope in 1869. Moina MIchael used the red corn poppy as a symbol to honor fallen troops in WWI. The tradition continues today to honor fallen servicemen worldwide.
Good Hope Poppy Festival
SEPTEMBER 23, 2017
Saturday September 23, 2017
RAIN or SHINE
9:00 Festival opens: Good Hope City Hall
10:00 Bike Ride - Good Hope Christian Church
10:30 Presentation of Colors - ROTC, National Anthem - TBD - Main Stage
11:00 Moina Michael History: (inside City Hall)
12:00 Miss Poppy Presentation / Thank Our Vets! Ruark Sisters (TBD) - Main Stage
2:00 Moina Michael History: (inside City Hall)
4:00 Festival closes
2017 PROCEEDS WILL GO TO:
Good Hope Poppy Festival Activities
- Visit over 50 vendors - We strive to be sure that each vendor is different from the next.
- Listen to MUSIC & live bands throughout the day
- 8:00-9:00 Julio Live Broadcast REAL COUNTRY 92.3FM WMOQ
- 9:00-11:00 Crooked Mile - Bluegrass / 10:30: Presentation of Colors/National Anthem
- 11:00-12:30 Rick Harrison Disc Jockey / Noon: Miss Poppy Presentation / Thanks our Vets!
- 12:30-2:00 Sanctified Revival
- 2:00-3:30 Lance Peace & Ethan Ferguson
- 3:30-4:00 Julio Live Broadcast REAL COUNTRY 92.3FM WMOQ
- Eat tasty food prepared by local cooks.
- Ride old-fashioned hayride.
- Meet new friends and greet old-timers
- Moina Michael's History ( inside City Hall): 11am & 2pm
- Poppy Bike Ride: All rides start/end at Good Hope Christian Church 10am
- Miss Poppy Pageant: Harmony Baptist Church: Saturday, September 9, 2017