The Good Hope Poppy Festival provides a fun fall day for residents and friends from neighboring counties in downtown Good Hope, Georgia. The Poppy Festival honors the Poppy Lady, Moina Michael, born in Good Hope in 1869. Moina MIchael used the red corn poppy as a symbol to honor and raise funds for fallen WWI veterans. The tradition continues today to honor servicemen worldwide.
Good Hope Poppy Festival
2018 DATE COMING SOON
Presented by Walton EMC
Saturday 2018 Date COMING SOON
9am to 4pm
RAIN or SHINE
9:00 Festival opens: Good Hope City Hall
9:30 Presentation of Colors (ROTC); National Anthem ( Haven Jones); Opening Prayer - Main Stage
10:00 Poppy Bike Ride - Good Hope Christian Church
12:00 Miss Poppy Presentation / Thank Our Vets! - Main Stage
4:00 Festival closes
2017 PROCEEDS WILL GO TO:
Walton County Veterans Memorial (Moina Michael section)
Good Hope Poppy Festival Activities
- Visit over 50 vendors - We strive to be sure that each vendor is different from the next.
- Listen to MUSIC & live bands throughout the day
- Eat tasty food prepared by local cooks.
- Ride old-fashioned hayride.
- Meet new friends and greet old-timers
- Moina Michael's History ( inside City Hall)
- Poppy Bike Ride: All rides start/end at Good Hope Christian Church 10am
- Miss Poppy Pageant: Harmony Baptist Church: Saturday, September 9, 2017